JOIN US LIVE
Journey of Desire
A Desire for God
Sunday, June 11, 2023
Pastor Terry Fulks
21 When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in heart,
22 I was brutish and ignorant;
I was like a beast toward you.
23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:21–26 ESV
In this world there are only two tragedies: One is not getting what one wants, and the second is getting it.
It is foolish to be ambitious for things one does not really want-or for things one cannot have.
Here are three insights about a heart for God.
1. God desires you.
2. God should be your greatest desire.
3. God will not fail your desire.
28 But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.
Psalms 73:28 ESV
Points to ponder:
- Only God can satisfy your life and what you desire.
- You need to cultivate a desire for God.
- Everything in this world is trying to kill your desire for God.
- Be careful of summer fun that gets to be too much.
- Perhaps you have already experienced disappointment with what the world offers and are ready for a change.
- If you wish to have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ then pray this prayer with me.
Connection Prayer: Thank you God that you can help me experience more satisfaction by desiring you. I now, with what faith I have, confess that you Jesus died on the cross for my sins, were buried, and rose from the dead on the third day. I take you as my Savior, Lord, and Leader. Please forgive me of my sins and thank you for your forgiveness. Help me to follow you all the days of my life. Amen.
- If you prayed the connection prayer with me:
- Read John 3, three times before you go to bed tonight.
- Read the gospel of John all the way through by reading about ten verses a day.
- Read Psalm 73 three times this week.
- Pray a prayer like this everyday this week: Lord you know my heart where my desires and thirsts are more for the world than for you so please help me to focus on you. Please forgive me and keep me on track with you. Please give me your grace and power in order to follow hard after you.
- Talk to a good friend about your struggles with desiring things that are outside God’s will.
Thank you for your support. Click the link below to give online.
We’d love to pray for you. While you are here, say a prayer for others.
If you prayed the Connection Prayer today let us know! We would love to connect with you and get you a new believer pack. You can send your information to email@example.com